Thursday, December 18, 2008

HE IS FINALLY HERE!

DECEMBER 2008
We had our precious baby boy Tuesday night at 11:32. He weighed 9 pounds 13 ounces, 20 7/8 long. We cannot tell you how pleased we are with our decision to have him at home with a midwife. When I was two weeks overdue, I went to the hospital to get a stress test to make sure everything was good. They checked his heart rate and did an ultra sound. They said everything looked perfect until his heart rate dropped a little when he would move around. So long story short they wanted to admit me right then and induce labor. They told me all the bad things that could go wrong with such a big baby, and having it at home. They told me to make a decision. I was so overwhelmed! I did NOT want to have the baby at the hospital! So we decided to just go home and see what happened. In the meantime everyone kept telling me it has been too long and I should think about going to the hospital. It really discouraged me. I finally had it with everyone and broke down. It was Tuesday night, I called Craig crying so he came home, and just sat with me, talked to me, and just told me everything will work out. After we talked I felt 100% confident in the choice we made about having it at home. About 15 minutes later I started having hard contractions. About 3 hours later he was here. The whole process blew my mind! I had no idea it would be that painful, but in the middle of it I was thanking God that my body was able to do this. It was such an amazing experience for both of us. Craig got to catch the baby and put him on my chest. I got to hold him for as long as I wanted to. I absolutely loved it. Craig, Krew, and I just sat in the little corner of our bedroom where I had him and loved each other. Our new little baby boy is such a sweet spirit. He is such a mellow, loving, good baby. We are so blessed, and grateful that everything went so well, and that we had so many people supporting us. Thank you everyone! I will post some more pics soon.


10 comments:

~..kass..~ said...

CONGRATS!!!! You are amazing bria! Kit sent me the picture text. he is SO adorable!!!! She said everything went so perfect. I am SO happy for you guys! I cannot wait to see him in real life!!!

dani said...

OH MY GOSH! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS! i kept askin' steve, have you heard anything?? i was goin' crazy! i'm so happy everything went like you wanted it to. we are SOO excited to meet him! :)

The Slacks. said...

Oh Bria Im so happy for you! Motherhood is so good. I completely agree with you on what an amazing and spiritual experience giving birth is. You'll be a great mom. Now come back to class! haha

Bingham Family said...

Congrats!!! You are so amazing to have a home birth! I can't wait to see more pics!

Jarred and Angelina said...

I'm so happy he is here! He is too cute! Call me if you need anything. Love you!

Amy said...

Bria your my hero! I can't imagine having a home birth especially after having two in the hospitial with the access of drugs! I am sorry to here you were so overdue but I am glad everything went well and your labor wasn't long! He is such a pretty baby!

Souza Family said...

I am dying to hold him again! He really is a beautiful baby! Thanks for the best birthday present ever!

Talia Vaughn said...

congrats! he looks so cute! I am so glad everything went well

Just one of the Boyz said...

I HAVE TO SAY YOU ARE VERY BRAVE.. HE LOOKS SO CUTE. LET ME KNOW WHEN I CAN COME AND SEE THE TWO OF YOU!

Rachel Morgan said...

oh Bria we have come such a long way since middle school. I love watching everyone become mothers and truly love it. You are so brave I don't know if I would've been able to resist the temptation of having the baby at the hospital. Congratulations!!